We wash our hands all the time but many of us don’t wash them properly. Especially at times of increased chance of infection, proper hand washing is really important to protect yourself and your family.
Official handwashing guidelines recommend a multi-step process which I will now show you. This will make sure that ALL the surfaces of your hands are washed properly. Let me take you through it….
- Apply soap to the hands, covering all surfaces
- Rub hands palm to palm
- Right palm over top of left hand with interlaced fingers and vice versa;
- Palm to palm with fingers interlaced
- Backs of fingers to opposing palms with fingers interlocked
- Rubbing of left thumb clasped in right palm and vice versa
- Rubbing, backwards and forwards with clasped fingers of right hand in left palm and vice versa;
- Once dry, your hands are clean.